Lanzar MAX8 8″ SVC 4 ohm subwoofer Review.
- Price $25-35 online
- Performance per dollar – a very solid sub considering the price
- Sound quality is pretty decent
- Looks, I personally think they are a nice clean looking woofer.
- Lacking in low end ability, seems to really fall off hard under 30hz
- No actual RMS rating given
- Cheesy plastic magnet cover, makes the sub look bigger than it is but aside from that serves no purpose.
Overall the Lanzar MAX8 8″ subwoofer is a solid choice. It’s not going to blow away a Sundown SA8 but it will certainly make some bass and sound pretty decent at the same time. The 8″ only comes in single voice coil 4 ohm configuration. If you’re looking to add a little bit of bass to a system, this subwoofer will work great for you. If you want to shake the block, it probably won’t suffice.
Lanzar MAX8 Specs
- Imp. 4 ohm
- Watts – 600w peak (No RMS rating given)
- Vas. – 0.7133
- Qts. – 0.39
- FS. – 42.9 Hz
- SPL – 87.7
- Voice Coil Diameter – 1.5″ KSV
- Magnet – Dual 50oz
Lanzar MAX8 8″ Subwoofer in a .46 cu/ft (before woofer displacement) sealed prefab enclosure. I will likely build a ported enclosure to try in the future.